I can’t believe my 9 week quest is over! I introduced it on April 2, 2013 and it blossomed into a huge healthy living makeover! Operation Prom Dress 2013 was an AMAZING way for me to learn so much about myself and my body!
What did I learn?
1. Protein is ridiculously hard for me to eat enough of! I struggled with this multiple times during OPD13. By the end, I figured out that hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, Luna bars, and ___ are the best ways for me personally to get in my protein!
2. Carbs are my go-to food. Man oh man do I gravitate towards carbs when I want food! Cereal is my numba 1 carb-tastic obsession. I tried to limit carbs, but that led to craving them like CRAZY once I stopped focusing on it.
3. I’m an emotional eater. I had a feeling that I was one, but this definitely proved my suspicions to be true. I eat when I’m bored. I eat when I’m tired. I eat when I’m stressed. That leads me to end up binging because I’m stressed that I’m eating because I’m stressed! It’s a never ending cycle. Yikes. This is important for me to know, for sure!
4. I need to vary my workouts. When I was doing tons of running (before I was injured) I would start dreading my runs. I hated being “told” what I needed to do that day. My best “workout balance” is a combo of yoga, pilates, running, strength training, walking, elliptical… I want to be able to choose what I do that day!
5. Carbs make me bloat. Once I started my 10 Day Slim Down diet and I was trying to get a better balance of protein, carbs, and fat, my stomach bloating went WAY down. Just wait and see my before and after pictures below!
6. I definitely want to live my life better. After focusing on eating whole, healthy foods, I realized how much happier I am when I’m fueling my body right! I had more energy, I was more positive, and definitely had a better attitude about life. It’s amazing how easy it is to eat right! It just takes a little bit more effort but it’s so worth it!
7. My confidence SOARS when I’m happy and healthy. The day of prom (day 10 of my Slim Down) I looked at my “after”photos and at myself in the mirror and I was genuinely happy with how I looked. That’s AMAZING. I don’t remember the last time I thought I looked great. Honestly, I want to be able to feel that body peace every day.
8. 8 minute abs = life changing. Do it.
Before and After photos & measurements
*** REMEMBER: This is ME. I am not you. Don’t compare me to yourself! Oh and please don’t leave mean comments- this took a lot of confidence on my half to post! ***
“Before” photos/measurements taken on May 20, 2013. “After” photos/measurements taken on May 31, 2013. Both were taken first thing after waking up!
Waist: 28 inches
Thigh: 23 inches
Hips: 37.5 inches
Biceps: 11.2 inches
Bust: 35 inches
Waist: 27 inches
Thigh: 22 inches
Hips: 37 inches
Biceps: 11 inches
Bust: 36 inches
Total: –1.7 inches and 2 pounds
I still want to cut my thighs down a little bit and tone my body up, but I’m SO happy. The 3 days following prom have been eye-opening in how fast a body can go back to what it was like before. I still can’t believe how different my body looks after 10 DAYS. I can’t begin to imagine how I could look if I stuck with my healthy eating for months! Plus, the “after” shots were during that time of the month… Bloated and all! That’s why my bust measurement went up an inch
Stay tuned, friends. Miranda 2.0 is coming, and I’m excited to meet her
Have you had any body changes lately?
How did your slim down go?